Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{Part} of my new master bedroom

I've finally finished area of my master bedroom. The rest of the room is still a work in progress, but I thought I'd show you what I've got so far.

I picked up both of these tables to use as nightstands at last Fall's Round Top/Warrenton antique market. They were bought at two different booths and had almost the same color, height & width. Since they are on opposite sides of the bed I think they work pretty well.



I use this basket on top to keep my Bible, journal, pens and my phone when it's charging. I've never had a nightstand with out drawers so this keeps it somewhat clean while still allowing me to have my usual items nearby.

The bedding! I'm most proud of this because it's 100% pieced together. I have always been a 'set' kinda girl. I planned on doing the same in the new room, but an accidental win on Ebay sent me in a new direction. I bid on these great Pottery Barn Euro shams on Ebay. I never thought I would win. The quilt and regular shams were out there too, but they were always "buy it now" items that I didn't want to spend that much money on. So, once I won and had them in my hands I set out to find coordinating pieces. Enter TJ Maxx & Home Goods. I scored the quilt from our local TJ Maxx for $24.99 and the long Ralph Lauren ticking pillow at a Home Goods in Houston for $40.

I'm pretty happy with how it all came together. I already had the sheets and eventually will get a new fresh set that doesn't wrinkle on the ends and make the width 6" shorter than it's supposed to be!


The cedar chest at the end of the bed came into the room out of necessity. There's no other room in the rest of the house for it and we didn't want to put it up in the attic. My great-grandfather built it and we use it to store our board games and some random greenery that has no other place to be.


So, there it is... I'll be working on the other side of the room soon. It's my goal to have one completed room in the whole house very soon! We'll see how that works out.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love your end tables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous and I love those lamps! I'm a lamp nut though. They caught my eye right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your end tables! Do you have any Craigslist tips? Every time I "hunt" for things, everything is way over priced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cassie Cassie, I hope you caught my post about Craigslist tips!! You were my inspiration for that one! :) Linds

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails